There’s nothing like an AWANA THEME NIGHT! It’s chance to be creative and/or have fun dressing up (sometimes in a silly costume.) We encourage your fam to have fun with the creative side of these theme nights! We march around in the AWANA circle showing off our creativity a bit and then prizes are given for the most creative, unique, etc. It’s a great way to earn extra AWANA BUCKS to spend in the AWANA STORE.
FALL SCHEDULE 2023
– September 6th-OPENING NIGHT
– September 13th-FIRST REGULAR NIGHT
– September 20th- REGULAR AWANA NIGHT
– September 27th-DRESS THEME NIGHT: CRAZY SOCKS: Wear crazy socks and lots of them. Wear them all over, in your hair or hanging from your pants. Tuck your pants into your socks if you’re not wearing shorts. Mix and match, different colors, and hole covered socks. Prizes for the most unusual pair.
– October 4th-REGULAR AWANA NIGHT
– October 11th-THEME: ALL IN THE FAM: With paper, or cardboard, color and make a cut-out of your family, be creative!
– October 18th- REGULAR AWANA NIGHT
– October 25th-THEME: PUMPKIN PALOOZA: Pumpkin decorating contest; make it fun! Any size pumpkin counts! Just make it look awesome!
– November 1st: REGULAR AWANA NIGHT (?)
– November 8th: THEME: Read, White & YOU! Let’s celebrate America! Put on your best Red, White & Blue outfit!
– November 15th: REGULAR AWANA NIGHT
– November 22nd: NO AWANA (Thanksgiving)
– November 29th: THEME: 80’s Dudes! Rock out the 80’s outfits! Pintrest is a great place to look for ideas! Dress like the 80’s. Big Hair, Shoulder Pads, Parachute pants… Lookin’ good!
– December 6th: REGULAR AWANA NIGHT
– December 13th: AWANA CHRISTMAS PARTIES/CHRISTMAS STORE
– December 20th: NO AWANA; JINGLE JAM NIGHT Don’t miss this incredible night of fun!
– December 27th: NO AWANA: Merry Christmas!
WINTER/SPRING SCHEDULE 2024
– January 3rd-NO AWANA
– January 10th-AWANA RESUMES
– January 17th: THEME: CRAZY HAIR NIGHT (Crazy Hair? We Care! Rock it up!)
– January 24th: REGULAR AWANA NIGHT
– January 31st: STUFFED ANIMAL FRIEND NIGHT (bring your furry favorite stuffed animal to show off!)
– February 7th: REGULAR AWANA NIGHT
– February 14th: THEME: GLOW NIGHT HEART (we’ll be releasing more info about this special night, closer to the date!)
– February 21st: REGULAR AWANA NIGHT
– February 28th: THEME: B.A.R.F. NIGHT: Bring (or Be) A Real Friend (Bring a friend for extra points!)
– March 6th: REGULAR AWANA NIGHT
– March 13th: NO AWANA (SPRING BREAK)
– March 20th: AWANA RESUMES
– March 27th: THEME SUPER HERO NIGHT: Dress as your favorite Super Hero!
– April 3rd: REGULAR AWANA NIGHT
– April 10th: THEME: FAKE INJURY NIGHT: It’s just a flesh wound! (please no gory, yucky, or gross stuff. If it would make your grandma upset back it off a bit.)
– April 17th: REGULAR AWANA NIGHT
– April 24th: THEME: DRESS OLD NIGHT: Get creative! Raid Great Grandma’s closet…and think about this one!
– May 1st: REGULAR AWANA NIGHT
– May 8th: THEME: PET ROCK NIGHT: Let’s see that awesome pet rock family! (Pinterest for awesome ideas!)
– May 15th: AWANA STORE (let’s spend those AWANA bucks!)
– May 22nd: AWANA FAMILY NIGHT: Award Celebration